Saturday, August 21, 2010

The American Film Institute Conservatory


It's been a while is my last post to this blog. Of course I could start most blog entries with that sentence.  In the past few months I directed a play, finished a first draft of a screenplay and I'm getting paid to write another. I KNOW, it's awesome.

 I also got one of the 136 golden tickets that the AFI Conservatory hands out on a yearly basis.  I am one of 27 Screenwriting Fellows.  I am hoping to keep this blog up to date and share my experience going through the program on a fairly regular basis.   I would love some feed back and questions.  I will answer all that I can in the comments as I go along.

The class is very diverse and also extremely accomplished in the art of filmmaking already.  I know that reading the bios of my fellow AFI "Fellows" was not only humbling but tended to make my jaw hang open like some retard invited to the Nobel Prize Reception Dinner.  That list of people can be found in pdf format here

I will devote the next post to the application and interview process - giving my thoughts and feelings about what I did write and how I almost fucked it up.  After that I will start talking about registration and keep everybody up to date on Cycle One, the 6-week "boot camp" before classes even begin.

No comments: