Saturday, September 04, 2010

"Someone will make it big in the first year."

I found out last night that one of the directors has dropped out of the program.  Not because it was too intense or they were having second thoughts.  It was because she was offered a feature deal.  She will be directing a feature sometime this year.  OF course she is super talented  and has worked hard to get where she was even to this point.  This is the short film she showed at the long night. 


For the screenwriting department there is always one person that will sell something and make it big in the first year.  At least, that is what one of the screenwriting heads said.  It is just a reminder that I need to push hard.  I am required to One Feature this year.  I know that I have to write two.  I also want to get an impression of my first two scripts.  Have them overhauled. If I can come out of here with 6 good finished scripts and a 1 hour drama pilot.  That would be awesome.  

No comments: